The Rega Planar 6 turntable is built around the huge success of the Rega RP8 and RP10 turntables. The Planar 6 is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed using an ultra lightweight Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth. This material was developed for the aerospace industry. The material is sandwiched between a new high pressure laminate (HPL). HPL is an exceptionally thin material, extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Rega Planar 6 turntable benefits from a single piece machined aluminum sub-platter and a new 24v motor. The motor is hand tuned and matched to the supplied Rega NEO power supply and includes a Rega upgrade drive belt as standard.
The Rega Neo PSU uses the RP10 digital signal processing (DSP) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator will divide the signal accurately from the crystal to the exact frequency required to turn the turntable platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also produce a near perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less than 0.15% distortion, which is unaffected by changes to the mains voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable.
- Rega NEO power supply
- Super lightweight foam core plinth
- Plinth laminate: New Polaris high pressure laminate (HPL). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim
- Upgrade white drive belt fitted as standard
- Custom dual layer smoked / clear float glass platter
- Single piece aluminium sub platter
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley
- Patent pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy
- Rega RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control
- New smoked dust cover
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet
- Available with Ania MC cartridge factory fitted / Discount available when factory fitted
Dimensions without Neo PSU
Height 120mm (Dustcover closed)
Dimensions Neo PSU
|Dimensions||540 × 520 × 200 mm|
None, Rega Exact MM, Ortofon 2M Blue, Rega Ania MC