The ATI AT4002 Morris Kessler Signature Amplifier is a truly high performance stereo amplifier manufactured by ATI (Amplifier Technologies, Inc.).
ATI are the prolific manufacturer of many of the high end’s best amplifiers today introduced a new series of amplifiers designed by their president and chief engineer, Morris Kessler. The 4000 series amplifiers, available stereo and multi channel form, share the design philosophy and circuit sophistication of ATI’s award-winning 6000 Series amps with power output reduced to 200W RMS per channel at 8 ohms and 300 W RMS at 4 ohms. Furthermore, their “signature series” designation with a facsimile of Kessler’s signature on the main panel attests the special nature of these amplifiers.
Beyond Kessler’s personal identification, these amplifiers share these key features with the 6000 Series Signature amps.
1. Fully balanced, differential amplifier design with two output stages per channel but with only a single input stage. The advantages of balanced designs are retained and noise is further reduced by 50%.
2. Current feedback instead of the more common voltage feedback. The reason: current feedback amplifiers are faster with virtually unlmited slew rate and are better able to reproduce today’s best music and film.
3. Thermaltrak output devices: Unlike traditional designs where external diodes attached to the heat sink track the amplifiers operating conditions to adjust bias, Thermaltrak devices have the diodes in the same package as the transistors so bias is optimized in real-time.
4. Dual DC servos per channel to control DC offset.
5. Dual toroidal transformers with independent secondary windings. Electrically, each amplifier channel has its own transformer.
The AT4002 is rated at 200 Watts RMS from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more that 0.03% THD at 8 ohms with both channels driven and 300 Watts RMS at 4 ohms under the same conditions. Signal-to-noise ratio is typically 126 dB referenced to full output so each amplifier is capable of playing back the full dynamic range available on today’s lossless recordings.
All ATI amplifiers are available in standard (17”) and rack-mount (19”) chassis and are covered by ATI’s 7-year transferrable warranty.
Amplifier Technologies owns the ATI, Audioaccess, B&K, BGW and Theta Digital brands and designs and manufactures state-of-the-art audio components for its own and other brands in its facility in Montebello, CA. Guided by legendary amplifier designer Morris Kessler, ATI offers both performance and value in audio components.
EIA 1kHz Output Power at 8Ω – 250 watts
EIA 1kHz Output Power at 4Ω – 375 watts
FTC Full Bandwidth Output Power at 8Ω – 200 watts
FTC Full Bandwidth Output Power at 4Ω – 300 watts
Input Sensitivity for Full Rated Output – 1.6 volts
Frequency Response – -/+ 1db 20-20kHz
Phase Response – +15 degrees to -15 degrees, 20Hz-20kHz at 1 watt
Signal-to-Noise Ratio “A-Weighted” – >128db
Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz—20kHz) – <0.03%
Intermodulation Distortions (IMD) – <0.03%
Load Impedance – Safe with all types of loads. Rate for 4-16 Ohms
Power Bandwidth FTC – +0,-3db 5-100kHz
Damping Factor – 60V/uSec
Input Impedance – 29k Ohms
DC Output Offset – Less than -/+ .1mV
Chassis Dimensions (W x H x D) 438 x 208 x 429mm
Net Weight 23kg
Shipping weight 28kg